Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Altenew "Enjoy the Ride"

 

 Hi there! I was so excited to get the Altenew Enjoy the Ride Scrapshotz kit to play with!The vibrant colors of this kit reminded me of tropical vistas and I looked to a photo of a sunset in Puerto Vallarta. I used blooms and leaves from the ephemera pack and word strips from the chipboard elements. The edges were inked with Distress ink and the chipboard thickers were included in the the kit, too!

 

Then I got into using the ephemera for cards. I used some scraps of patterned paper, but also some pages from the Altenew Enjoy the Ride 6x6 paper pad that was a great add-on this month. You can still pick it up here.


 I popped up the die cuts and used Nuvo Crystal Drops on most of these. I love the drops and they find their way on to most of my cards. They were also treated to a bit of shine with the Zig Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker.

This card also got a little love splatter from the Dina Wakely Gloss Spray in Eggplant. The sentiment here was cut out with the Taylored Expressions Well Rounded Die.

These next cards used the Altenew Fancy Hello Die. What a bit of elegance! Their dies cut so cleanly and are a joy to put down.


Here is another layout using the awesome Enjoy the Ride line from Altenew. I  did a bit of modification with the chipboard title, cutting off the bottom words (Happy Day) to use it here. The leafy die cuts were in the ephemera pack and I like the way they break up the hard line of the photo mat. A border drawn with a black pen to frame the layout and it's complete.

I made some cards with the Altenew Mini Thanks Stamp set. I was able to use the new Tim Holtz color, Kitsch Flamingo to ink the edges of this one. I stamped the laurel leaves multiple time and popped them up below the white embossed sentiment. Topped it off with flowers from my stash and used Nuvo Crystal Drops in Carnation Pink for the flower center and accents.

This next card also used the Mini Thanks Stamp, along with a pink ribbon to highlight the pink flower centers in the patterned paper. I used green enamel dots to accent the sentiment.

I love the versatility of the sentiments in the Altenew Fancy Greetings Stamp Set. I stamped the "sending hugs" with Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide, then used the Distress Embossing Powder in the same color to give it shine. This time the Nuvo Crystal Drops were Apple Green.

For this simple card, I gold embossed another sentiment from the Altenew Fancy Greetings set and die cut a flower from a Tim Holtz Foliage die from the photo mat before mounting my panel. I do this a lot, as no one sees under the panel anyway, and you can't let great gold foil cardstock go to waste!

What a fun line to work with! I will keep dreaming of tropical views and temperatures as we make our way through this crazy polar vortex that the prairies are stuck in. I hope you're all ready to get crafty with us tomorrow, February 19 at "The Great Scrapshotz Staycation Crop!" See you there!

Originally published on the Scrapshotz blog, February 2021.









 

No comments: