Monday, January 25, 2021

Photoplay Oh Canada 2

Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing a layout and a few cards created with the Photoplay "Oh Canada 2" by Becky Moore that is available in the Scrapshotz store here: Oh Canada 2

I used the flip side of the "Ice Rink patterned paper for the background. On top of that I glued a piece of Simple Stories cardstock. My photos are matted on a couple of pieces of other papers from the collection - also the B sides of "Toques" and "I Love Canada." I used a strip of the woodgrain to create a banner across the page. I used pieces of the sticker strip from the collection stickers to embellish the banner, only putting the sticker where it was visable as I only had one 12 strip and I wanted it top and bottom. It didn't go under the photo mats.

My title was created with "Letterman" flocked thickers, Doodlebug "Loopy Lou" alpha stickers and wooden letters, all from my stash. I colored the wooden letters were colored with Metallic Gilding Polish. I accented the page with bits of ephemera and stickers. Most were popped up with foam squares. The main photo was also popped up for a bit of dimension, too!

I love to spend time in the evenings coloring images. Sitting in the living room in front of the tv, I colored some of the images from the Moose and Bear stamp set from this collection. Here are a few cards that I made with them. How cute is this ice fishing bear? 

 And the moose with the syrup bottle?  Those curling rocks!!!! ❤❤❤
I loved the curling rocks so much I wanted to give them a card of their own. To create the ice surface, I covered a sheet of cardstock with a thin layer of glaze, giving it a shine with a bit of a "pebbled" texture. I die cut a set of rings with my circle dies and die cut the "you" from an older die set. Then I used thickers for "rock." So much fun!
Have a look at the Scrapshotz website for more from Photoplay and this collection. There's a cute little beaver hockey player stamp set that may find it's way to my scrap room! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!


 #PhotoplayOhCanada, #Scrapshotz, #scrapshotzproducts

Originally published on the Scrapshotz blog January 25, 2021

 

No comments: