Thursday, June 13, 2019

More Altenew "Live Your Dream'

Hello, gang! It's Lorraine here with you today with a couple of layouts from the fabulous May 2019 Scrapshotz kit, featuring Altenew "Live Your Dream."



For this fun layout, I customized the die cut included in the kit and the wooden embellishments with Emerald Creek embossing powder. Wow. That stuff is amazing. I used two different powders, Deep Sea and Patina Oxide. I put multiple layers on and loved the effect. The title uses the Thickers from the kit and I was inspired by Ellen DeGeneres game of the same. Love that font.

This layout has a different mood altogether. The ability to go any way with this line of patterned paper is a big part of it's magic. This is a simple layout with texture added with a ribbon border, wooden buttons and the chipboard accent, mounted with foam squares. The title uses that fabulous font again. This time the color of the thickers would have been lost on the navy blue mat, so I put it on white cardstock and fussy cut around it to make it pop. I find that when I want to cut out around a title, the easiest way is to draw a faint line with a pencil and cut on that. Any lines that are still showing are easily erased.

Thanks for popping in! It's almost time for the June kit to start to make an appearance here. I'm looking forward to seeing it - a great looking line that has lots of potential!

Have a great week!

Originally published on the Scrapshotz blog June 13, 2019.



No comments: