Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Gerda Steiner Frog Cards

Hello! Welcome to summer!!! Here in Central Alberta, that means scattered showers, lots of puddles, and FROGS!

This Gerda Steiner stamp set is very cute. The images are sweet and cuddly, (if a frog can ever be.) I stamped all the images today with a neutral grey Hero Arts ink and colored them in a no line style. The challenges are getting the shadows to be enough definition to give the images shape without a line. I'm learning.
This first card uses patterned paper from a long ago Scrapshotz card kit, and some narrow navy blue grosgrain ribbon. The frog and lily pad were cut out with the coordinating die and the sentiment from the stamp set was cut out with a SU punch. All are popped up on foam dots. The dots are Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss - Double Denim.

I cut the front panel for this card with a Spellbinders oval die, then put acetate behind it to create the shaker card. The die-cut frog is adhered in the center and I glued a couple of the Studio Katia blooms where I wanted them in the background. Most of them are loose, though, so there is some movement in the card. This frog appears to be jumping for joy so the Congratulations sentiment from the set is appropriate.

The goofy smile on this frog is endearing and I love how he is peeking out at you. The sentiment is stamped with Hero Arts Silver Shadow Ink and the Nuvo drops are Crystal Drops Gloss - Green Apple. The twine is from my stash and balances the layout of the card.

I'm going to keep working with these fellas, and I'll be back later in the week with more inspiration with this super versatile stamp set! Get yours today at Scrapshotz.com.


Have a great week!



No comments: