Monday, May 18, 2020

Tulla & Norbert's Excellent Adventure - Photoplay


Hello! I've been dreaming of sunshine and summer days, working with the Photoplay "Tulla *& Norbert's Excellent Adventure" collection by Becky Moore. Such bright, fun colors and of course, the sweet gnomes that are both trendy and timeless, wearing flip flops and swimming trunks. Really, how can you resist?

My first layout has a typical summer photo on it. Girls in sun hats drinking cool drinks. I used lots of stickers, including the title and flip flop banner, as well as pieces of the cardstock ephemera. I stamped and colored the watermelon and fish images, then used some Nuvo drops on the watermelon treats for dimension. Lots of foam squares give layers of texture to the layout.

This layout had water photos, but they were really dark and I thought that I needed to tone down the bright colors to suit them. To do that, I matted all of my layers on black cardstock.

The center photo was popped up for interest. The surfboard was stamped, colored and covered with Glossy Accents for shine. To make "summer" stand out from the patterned paper, it was mounted on black cardstock too. Even with all the black on it, this layout still screams summer fun!


I'll be back next week with another layout from this collection and a couple of summer cards. Have a great long weekend! Stay safe and well!

Originally published May 15, 2020 on the Scrapshotz blog.

No comments: