Thursday, March 25, 2010

Copic Challenges

Ever since I was little, I've loved to color. It is so relaxing and calming. When my kids were small, I colored with them whenever possible. You can chat and giggle and sing, all while coloring together. Now, I am coloring with copic markers, and my grandson is coloring with me!

Here's his goalie - pretty great for a 4 year old!Over at Scrapshotz, Jess has been posting a weekly Copic Challenge. It's great fun to learn new techniques and it's amazing to see everyone's coloring with these incredible markers. Here is my image showing basic shading, using 3 colors of blue.
This is my attempt at coloring in black. I think it's one of the most difficult colors to use because it's so easy to get your image so dark that it looses all detail
.
This is an example of coloring skin. I was really pleased with how the skin turned out on this little boy!
And this week, the challenge is coloring fur. This little hedgehog looks furry, I think!

So why don't you join us? Every week we'll challenge you to improve your techniques, whether you are using watercolor pencils, pencil crayons, markers or copics, you'll learn something new and have fun! Here's a link to the challenge thread!

1 comment:

Jennifer Moore said...

I love your coloring. Especially of the little black dog.