Friday, September 20, 2019

Kaisercraft - Workshop Collection

We scrapbookers love our florals, pastels and even bright colors for our pages and cards. Sometimes, the men in our lives have to endure a bit of femininity on their pages, too. This collection gives us a very different option. I was a bit intimidated by the dark patterns and feel of the paper and embellishments - until I started working with them. I fell in love!!

This first layout uses one of the most colorful papers. I had a great photo of my grandchildren on their first day of school and although I will scrapbook it more than once (for another album) this one is earthy and will suit a teenager who is going into Grade 8. (Wow, how did that happen?) Embellishments include ephemera and a sticker strip from the collection. The circles and gears were inked with walnut stain distress ink and I cut the gear corners from Bazzill cardstock with the Tim Holtz gears die. I added dimension with pop dots and some brads from my stash. The title is die cut with the Tim Holtz marquee alphas.

This 2 page layout about a bridge being constructed has gears from those Tim Holtz thinlits cut from silver foil paper. To continue with that theme, I embossed the edges of the patterned paper on the base with silver embossing powder. As I was doing that, I noticed that the result looked a lot like soldering. Perfect. A title with AC Thickers and some journaling on a piece of vellum and a few more ephemera pieces over pop dots and it's done. I use a tip that I learned from a Becky Fleck class and tape my double page spread together while I'm working on it. This makes it easy to allow the photos and embellishments to flow across the pages. Once it's finished, I take an exacto knife and cut through where I need to, in order to put it in my album.



This layout has some gears that I backed with silver foiled paper and one of the curios from the collection. The monochromatic, busy looking paper is just right for some simpler photos of the Jack Daniels Distillery that we toured.


This last layout makes me smile. It was one of those photos that when you take it, you know it's going to be a page. I love how much fun my granddaughter and her dad are having. For the background, I fussy cut many of the elements on the patterned paper and popped them up in the same spot on the second sheet of that pattern. I really love the dimension that this gives my page, and I let the paper designer make the decisions on placement.



I took the "Hero" title from the ephemera pack and juiced it up with some glossy accents, added some alphas and used phrases from the collection all over the page. Journaling is on a piece of scrap paper from the card pack.

And then the cards... I honestly could have gone on and on! (Oh wait! I did! Lol!) I won't bore you here with details, but here are some of the many cards that I have created with this collection, both scraps from the 12x12 sheets I used to create my pages and the 6x6 pad. Please, if you have any questions, put them in the comments and I will answer them there. All supplies are available at Scrapshotz!








This collection is amazing and would be a wonderful addition to anyone's stash - for the men in our lives!
Get your collection at Scrapshotz!

Thanks for sticking with me on this workshop journey! Have a great fall weekend!
First published on the Scrapshotz blog - September 20, 2019.


No comments: